Three Generation Family

Childcare licensing

Rebecca Romeyn is the childcare program manager and a licensing specialist for the Garfield County Department of Human Services. Gale Hasselbach also serves as a licensing specialist.

If you are interested in licensing as a family childcare home, contact Rebecca at 945-9191, ext. 3066, for a licensing application packet.

For information about starting a childcare center, preschool, or school age program contact Gale at 970-945-9191, ext. 3068.

To file a complaint about a licensed child care program or to report unlicensed child care call (970) 945-9113 x3066 or the Division of Early Care and Learning at 1-800-799-5876. The website for the Office of Early Childhood is:

co4 kids
To file a childcare welfare complaint, (abuse or neglect), call 1-844-CO-4-KIDS (1-844-264-5437).
Calls are recorded for quality assurance purposes; anonymity of reporting continues to be protected.

If you are in need of childcare, contact the Early Childhood Network (ECN) at 928-7111.

Human Services - Rifle
195 West 14th Street Building A
195 West 14th Street, Building D
Rifle, CO  81650
Email Human Services

970-625-5282 | phone
970-625-0927 | fax

Child abuse and neglect hotline

  Human Services - Glenwood Springs
108 8th Street, Suite 300
Glenwood Springs, CO  81601
Email Human Services

970-945-9191 | phone
970-928-0465 | fax

privacy policy